Thursday, June 9, 2011

Saintly Thought for Today




Since June is specially dedicated to the Sacred Heart, we will pay particular attention this month to saints who are important in the history of this devotion.  We again have an excerpt from a prayer composed by St. Margaret Mary Alacoque (1647 AD - 1690 AD), Visitation nun and great visionary of the Sacred Heart:

 
Prayer to Our Lord in His Quality of All-Powerful Physician

O Jesus, my love, in memory of the Sacrifice of Thyself which Thou didst offer on the Cross and which Thou dost still offer in the Blessed Sacrament, I beg of Thee to accept that which I make of my whole being, immolated and sacrificed to Thy adorable designs and wishes.   Receive me in the spirit of penance and sacrifice.  O heavenly Physician of my soul, Sovereign Remedy for my evils, I present myself to Thee as a sick person without hope in any other but in the charitable Heart of My Saviour, who alone knows my maladies and can cure me of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment