Sunday, June 5, 2011

Isn't boycott a mode of engagement?

The Anchoress argues that, since the entertainment industry is highly influential, Christians can't simply ignore it, but must engage it somehow.   Like practically everybody else, I am neither a creator, a performer nor in any other way engaged in the entertainment industry; I am merely a potential consumer.  If I am to engage the entertainment industry, it is on that footing that I must do it.  The stance I have adopted in evaluating whether or not to purchase or view the products of the entertainment industry is to assume they're junk unless I hear otherwise from authorities I trust.  Stephen Greydanus is such an authority.   If Christians stop purchasing the junky products of the entertainment industry, won't they be forced to stop making them?

No comments:

Post a Comment