Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Love of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus

"St. Margaret Mary Contemplating the Sacred Heart of Jesus," Giaquinto


The Church traditionally devotes the month of June to the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.  The following is taken from "A Prayer of Love to the Sacred Heart" composed by the great visionary and apostle of devotion to the Sacred Heart, St. Margaret Mary Alacoque (1647 AD - 1690 AD):

"O Heart of Jesus all inflamed with love and living by love, O Sanctuary of the Divinity, Temple of His Sovereign Majesty, Altar of Divine Charity, O Heart burning with love for God and for me, I adore Thee, I love Thee, I melt with love and reverence before Thee!  I unite myself with Thy holy dispositions, I desire most earnestly to burn with Thy fire and to live by Thy life.  .  .  .
O Divine heart, I unite myself with Thee, and lose myself in Thee.  I do not wish to live any longer but in Thee, by Thee and for Thee."

No comments:

Post a Comment