Wednesday, December 14, 2011

From the mouths of babes dept.

 Nativity Scene - the Hicks family's set is somewhat less fancy

When I arrived home from work last night I noted with pleasure that the Hicks family creche had been installed in a place of honor.  I also noted a peculiarity in the placement of the baby Jesus - someone had balanced Him upon the wings of the angel who stands (flutters) atop the stable.  Suspecting a comedic motive, I inquired of young Filius why the baby Jesus had been so placed.

Well, Filius began, it is too early for baby Jesus to be in the stable.  Also, Filius continued, I wanted to show that Jesus is above the angels.

If I'd spent a thousand years considering the matter, I could not have come up with a sweeter and wiser answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment